One of my favorite new channels is Clare from Make It And Fake It. I love her courage to fail and her humorous delivery sits very well with me. Today I went to catch up with her latest episode and was delighted and surprised to see her mention me. In this video, she works on embedding rice with Cura to make an Egg Shaker. Enjoy!
One of my Maker Faire Nova experiments was filing prints with sand. I am still new to the process, but already had a few tips to pass along.
And since it has been a while since I went into detail about multiple processes in SImplify3D, I decided to do a tour of my slicing settings of the two prints.
Ending Script of my First Print of the Ribbon:
G91 ; relative mode
G1 Z10 ; lift 10mm
G1 X30; move over 30mm
Starting Script of my Second Print to Finish the Ribbon:
G90 ; absolute mode
Maker’s Muse has a most excellent tutorial on running Multiple Processes together– that is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcddlK36OVs
And if you want to try RJ Make’s approach, please see his Embedded Magnetron Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubvs2vgv014
There is a Creative Commons image in this video. It is by Amanda B and you can fill the photo on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/muddybones/5550623402/
At the time of publishing this video, I have about 8 days left until Maker Faire Nova on March 19, 2017. More information about the event and tickets can be purchased at http://nova.makerfaire.com/
For my third time participating, I am focusing on 3D prints with embedded elements. With the help of my MakerGear M2, the Wanhao Duplicator i3, and my ever trusty Simplify3D, here’s what I got brewing:
Embedded Prints Within Prints
- Glowing Anglerfish
- Multi-colored Gyro Cube
- Giant Spinning PokeStop*
*I may have attached it differently had I seen Joel Telling’s 200mm bridge first over at 3D Printing Nerd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0nWJ__PNM : )
- The mirrored candleholder
- A mirrored vase*
*The mirrored vase can also be seen on A Pyro Design’s channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IL3q7-osqE
- Taphandles (as seen in my last video)
- WIP – Rhododendron Drawer Pulls
- Standing Cancer Ribbons
- A dramatic 131 gram difference with Rockledge Mansion Christmas Ornaments
Embedded Split Rings
- Work In Progress – A long chain of “Kinetic Houndstooth”. What I’m doing with that…. Phew, to be determined.
- A Wine Holder…Made of Old Wine Corks! : )
- Magic the Gathering Life Counters
- WIP – A 3D Printed version of a Magnetic Rubik’s Cube emulating the Magnetic Rubik’s Dice Cube by burzvingion at http://www.instructables.com/id/Magnetic-Rubik-s-Dice-Cube/